Inspire Dental Centre takes complaints very seriously and we try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their experience . When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible, this procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. we learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to patients concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with complaints about the service which we provide is Mr Saleem Mulla.
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to the complaint and offer to refer them to the practice owner immediately, if the practice owner is not available at the time , then the patient will be told then they are available and arrangements will made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or the patient does not wish to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with.
- If the patient complains in writing, the letter will be passed on immediately to owner.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient doesn't want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patients compliant in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible normally within 2 working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within 10 working days of the complaint being received to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to him/her on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within 10 working days we will notify the patient, giving the reason for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing to the patient immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaints received.
- if patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then they are advised to contact their local Health watch for support by telephoning 0800 783 2865 or alternatively NHS England. More information about NHS complaints process can be found on the NHS Choices website.